Saturday, September 12, 2009

Front Tire and PV Panels Arrived

September 12, 2009



The new front Bridgestone Battlax BT45 tire arrived yesterday and was installed this morning. I can finally stop fearing the front tire will blow every time I get on the bike. The two 30watt photovoltaic panels also arrived, appear to be functional, and the dimensions were as listed. I will be performing some measurements on the panels tomorrow to start estimating the added power that may be attainable by using some white reflective panels to concentrate sunlight onto the panels a bit. The service manual is still not in and obtaining Texas plates and safety inspection sticker is still pending. Batteries seem to have a long lead time of 6 to 10 weeks from the lowest cost supplier so I will likely hold off on beginning the dismantling of the bike until a few weeks before the batteries and motor are expected to come in. The Google Sketchup model I showed in my previous post gave me confidence that there will be enough room to mount a 69.3Volt battery pack in the available space so I feel I can order batteries without more precise measurements with the engine removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment