Thursday, September 17, 2009

72V Curves, Tysonic, Charger, Motor, Deployed PV 3-D models

September 17, 2009

I have several updates today:
  • The Factory Service Manual is on backorder and I would still rather wait for it before beginning to disassemble the gasoline power train.

  • I discovered another sealed lead acid AGM battery option from Tysonic that is significantly cheaper than B&B and fits perfectly into the available space. It would provide similar range as the Lithium Ion pack I am considering, at one third the cost, but its life may be up to a tenth shorter than Lithium Ion and the range will suffer degradation throughout the batteries life. LiFePO4 is still the better value. I also created models of the new battery option, battery charger, motor, and deployed PV panels. See the video for more detail.

  • Todd Kollin at http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ and John Fiorenza at http://www.marselectricllc.com/ were very responsive in emailing me the 72V performance curves for the Etek-RT (ME0709) motor I will be using. I haven't yet studied the curves in detail to begin my performance estimates and to select the proper gearing and top speed targets.




2 comments:

  1. Are you still working on this project? How is it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is very nice postAs of now, solar power and solar related devices are expensive. But it may be reduced if most of the people start using it. Let us see the future of solar power.

    ReplyDelete